Sunday 16 November 2014

What I want in my showreel

Now that we've finished the last project of the Red Bull advert, during the transition into the next project I am going to take a break and really decide what I want my end of year showreel to be about.

As I am a CG generalist my skills are broad so I will have a lot of varied material for me to include in my showreel. However that being said I still want to predominately be an animator so the main bulk of my showreel will be animation.



As I am looking to work in films, the animation I want to include will be mainly character performance pieces to show the acting skills. So that to keep the viewer interested they will only be short snappy clips of different scenes, that some could be taken from the http://www.11secondclub.com/ competition.

The other skills that I will be showing off will be rigging and modelling. The rigging I will experiment with various different set ups, hopefully look into advanced facial rigging and cartoony squash and stretch rigging.
For the modelling, I prefer doing more fictional character design as opposed to hyper-realistic model sculpting.

Therefore with these aspects in mind I will be working my final project around these guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment